Day 19 & 20- Eastward Bound!


Leaving the cabin was bitter sweet. Bitter in that I would miss my family and our trip was coming to an end. Sweet in that we were going back home to our pups. We left with high hopes of making it the 16 hours to Fort Smith, OK our first day. However, we decided to stop and visit the Petrified Forest  so that set us back a few hours. It was worth it though! It was really neat to see the 250 million year old trees that had turned to crystal and rock. Plus the desert landscape is so pretty. Once we were on our way we drove through Arizona, New Mexico and into Texas where we stayed at the Econolodge Amarillo. Home to big people with big hats.
Day two on our eastward trek took us the rest of the way through Texas (which looked kind of like Kansas...I got a little scared!), Oklahoma (where I serenaded Daniel at least 4 times with the main theme to the musical), Arkansas, the tip of Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama and finally Georgia. By the time we passed the GA state sign I was sure glad Georgia was on my mind. What a long day. We pulled into the McKellar garage at 1:00 am and had a nice greeting from Reggie, the dog, and Nacho, the cat. After a great night sleep my sister was gracious enough to give us a 7:00 am wakeup call from our pups Mosely and Zoey! The perfect end to our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment